Project “Dream Workshop – Developing Business Skills for Young People with Disabilities”
The project “Dream Workshop – Developing Business Skills for Young People with Disabilities” was realized as a youth exchange under the Erasmus + program, KD1. The overall objective of the project was to help with the increase of employability of disadvantaged young people by supporting the formation and development of entrepreneurial and business skills through non-formal learning and “learning by doing” methods. The exchange took place from 01.04. until 08.04. 2018.
In Razlog, Bulgaria. The project was attended by 43 participants, 3 lecturers, facilitator and coordinator from 6 countries (Bulgaria, Jordan, Turkey, Malta, Armenia, Russia). The project brought together young people and youth employees to promote European cooperation in the field of entrepreneurship education and business skills formation among disadvantaged young people in order to contribute to their social inclusion and encourage them to start their own business.
The main topics of the exchange were:
- “Small Business and Institutions” – discussions on the economic situation in each country, business opportunities for young people, difficulties, faced by young people.
- “My Business Ideas”, “How Do I Make My Business Plan?”, “Preliminary Financial Reports” – information on business entrepreneurship education programs operating in their home countries;
- “How did I start and develop my business idea?” – discussions, workshops and preparation of mini business plans.
- Conducted youth exchange with 45 young people from 6 countries;
- During the exchange were prepared 2 e-book products – “Getting Started in the Business” and video film “Workshop for Dreams”;
- Increased level of knowledge, skills and competences in entrepreneurship and obtained practical guidelines for the elaboration, development and realization of the youth ideas;
- Better integration of the labor market and career guidance of young people.