Conference “Recognition of youth work and non-formal and informal learning within the field of youth”
|Place of implementation:||Sofia, Bulgaria|
|Duration:||31 May - 05 June 2016|
|Number and profile of participants:||36 Youth leaders, workers, trainers, LAs, NGO|
|Type of activity:||Conference “Recognition of youth work and non-formal and informal learning within the field of youth”|
|Theme:||Debate on European matters, EU policies or youth policies; Validation of the non-formal education; Structured dialogue; Advocacy; Coaching; Non-formal education; Cooperation at local and European level; Capacity Building for Youth NGOs|
In the period between 31.05 – 05.06.2016 with the participation of 36 youth leaders, workers and trainers from 8 countries an international conference was held on the topic “Recognition of youth work and non-formal and informal learning within the field of youth”.
The main objectives of this conference were to further develop and improve the following competencies of the participant trainers:
– The competence to understand, use and adapt existing training concepts as well as to develop new training concepts;
– The competence to analyse the needs of the target group of a training activity and to design a quality training programme with appropriate methodologies;
– The competence to design and implement the methods necessary for European level training activities in the youth/non-formal education field;
– The competence to create an appropriate learning environment;
– The competence to train and facilitate international groups of youth workers and youth leaders in a foreign language; the competence to guide and facilitate (intercultural) group processes; presentation competencies;
– Intercultural competence;
– The competence to deal effectively with ambiguity and crisis;
– The competence to co-operate and work effectively in international teams of trainers (team competence);
– Social competencies (e.g., empathy, communication, conflict management);
– The competence to manage a training project.
The project also contributed to the recognition of non-formal education and the use of Youth Pass certificate through education of youth workers and sharing information throughout the project. One of the results of the project was the creation of a network of youth organisations, trainers and leaders from different European countries that will run projects and activities related to active participation together in the future. The project also empowered partner organisations and other youth organisations from all over the Europe by educating their staff, creating networks, sharing experiences and good practices and providing useful materials for future work.
The methodology used for the project was a compilation of European youth non-formal educational methods such as work in groups, simulations, presentations, debates, role plays, discussions, brainstorming, etc.
The project’s impact was not only towards the participants that have become trainers but also partner organisations were empowered for their future activities as well as to many young people that participated in the follow up sessions and training’s, communities in which the organisations are active. Significant impact was achieved on other youth organisations and trainers, trough promoting Codex of trainer’s, offering network to other youth workers and other results of the project via website, social networks and rest of the channels for communication.
– Presented methodologies for the management of the learning process (for managers) and methodology to implement training activities (for trainers);
– Established network of youth managers and trainers, trained on the basis of the established methodologies;
– Established and submitted an online pool of online training’s for managers, youth organizations and trainers;
– Outlined topics and discussions on issues concerning non-formal education and validation of received competences;
– Improved level of the quality of informal training activities;
– Launched a broad international discussion on the creation of a draft law on non-formal education.