- Children & Youth: To bring together young people to participate in (international) youth activities and broaden the chances for those who are, by various reasons excluded. Strengthening the involvement of young people in decision making at a local level. The active promotion of democratic youth initiatives and structures.
- Communication & Media: Developing and co-ordinate international activities between members and the exchange of information; Ensure the availability of and access to information enabling greater citizens Participation and work with relevant partners for the realization of the active participation of citizens.
- Education: Developing and advocating higher education policies that correspond to the needs of a knowledge society as well as respect the rights and needs of individuals; the widespread recognition of the value of Non Formal Education in promoting active citizenship.
- Equality & Social Inclusion: All members, regardless of gender, age, ability, race, culture, language, sexual orientation, or social and economic status have equal opportunity to become engaged in the community development process and are able to access its social and economic benefits.
- Human Rights: Eradicate racism, sexism and homophobia; and promote equality and justice in our society. A Europe valuing the abilities of the individual and celebrating diversity. Advocate for more gender sensitive civil policies aiming at equal opportunities, developing programmes and activities that are more gender sensitive.
- Local Leadership: The youth plays the leadership role in its own development. Encourage the activities of organizations representing marginalized and disadvantaged citizens.
- Social & Cultural Development: Provide spaces for intercultural and inter-faith dialogue, and learning through interaction; Promote mobility in education as a learning method and tool for developing better understanding, cultural interaction and open minded society.
- Volunteerism: The adoption and implementation of policies and measures to support, promote and facilitate volunteering by citizens; Advocate for the recognition and valuing of the benefits of volunteering, both to the individual and to society, as well as of the skills, competences and attitudes gained through volunteering.
- Women: Eliminate discrimination and harassment in the workplace, schools, the justice system, and all other sectors of society; secure abortion, birth control and reproductive rights for all women; end all forms of violence against women.
See also: Code of Ethics