Code of Ethics:
- We will treat members with dignity and will respect their unique differences in culture, religion, race, and sexual orientation.
- We will respect the confidentiality of each member.
- We will respect, safeguard, and advocate for the rights of each member.
- We will not use or condone the use of corporal punishment under any circumstances.
- We will develop, implement, and administer the policies and procedures of our respective agencies and institutions.
- We will only enter into contracts that allow us to maintain our professional integrity.
- We will cooperate with other organizations which offer service to our members.
- Recognizing that we are a catalyst for change we will:
a) utilize current and knowledgeable methods and techniques in order to provide quality service to our members;b) actively seek out opportunities to learn and develop as well as support growth in our co-workers and other professionals.
- We will promote members autonomy and increased self-esteem.
- We will treat our members holistically, encompassing family, peer group, and community.
- We are committed to the ongoing development of our profession through competent training and supervision of Youth Worker students.
- We will conduct ourselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
See also: Description