Training Course: Boosting Youth’s Employability and Social Inclusion
Description: By organising this training course, “Work in progress” wished to give opportunities to organisations from Europe to share their experiences and to gain knowledge and new skills in the fields of youth work, as well as establishing new contacts and developing common project ideas.
Aim: Boosting youth’s employability and social inclusion aimed to promote the European Voluntary Service and its long-term social impact as a tool to fight the youth’s unemployability through the new competences acquired during the abroad experience, in a non-formal context.
- To learn about youth work practice across Europe;
- To understand the theory and practice of volunteering;
- To explore different techniques for developing volunteering amongst young people with fewer opportunities;
- To share knowledge and experience of recruiting, training and managing volunteers within their own organizations;
- To be able to use techniques of informal learning with young volunteers within their own organizations;
- To have a good working knowledge of the Youth in Action Program;
- To develop new projects together.
Target group: Young people and youth workers from different countries.
- Small group discussions;
- Drama exercises;
- Study visits;
- Plenary debates;
- Cultural presentations.
- Project making;
- Youth employability;
- “Youth on the Move” Strategy;
- Technical input about EVS.
|Place of Implementation:||Lecce, Italy|
|Duration:||11.03 - 15.03.2013|
|Main activities:||Training Course|
|Organizer:||Work in Progress, Italy|
Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Estonia, France, Italy